Cooperative of Fishing Shipowners of the Port of Vigo, ARVI, and the engineering company ArxiTEC Critical Systems, participates in the project entitled«Blue Box Porbeagle VMS.» BLUE PORBEAGLE arises from the need for positioning systems in the fisheries sector compatible with all current satellite navigation systems (GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou…) and is the first to include the protection of authentication against cyberattacks, unique to the Galileo system of the European Union.
The project, funded through the European Agency for Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GSA), through the GSA/GRANT/02/2019/BLUE BOX PORBEAGLE grant, began in December last year and will end at the end of 2022.
The project aims to develop an almost ready-to-market integrated onboard device (TRL 7) that meets regulatory standards for vessel monitoring systems required by the European Fisheries Control Agency (EFCA), which revolutionizes current market solutions. This device will enable more accurate positioning through European E-GNSS Galileo Open Service systems by pioneering dual-frequency technology and with an authentication-based spoofing detection system.
Expected project results include:
- Onboard VMS design following industry and administration requirements, functionality, and regulatory compliance.
- Dissemination of the expected impact and project activities among the parties involved in the fisheries sector.
- Development of the architecture of onboard equipment and assignment of requirements to internal circuitry.
- Validation campaign for equipment in fishing vessels
- Dissemination of technical results.
- Website: https://blueporbeagle.eu/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BPorbeagle
- YouTube: Blue Porbeagle Project
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BluePorbeagleProject